Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Kates first crush- Charlie


 Kate fell in love this summer... with Charlie.  I think it was love at first sight.  The first time they got to be together it was like magic.  He is a Kawasaki 50 (KZX 50).  The first time she rode him, she just took off like she had rode a motorcycle a million times before.  It was amazing- she's amazing.  She had a pretty good spill when a grasshopper jumped up and landed on her shirt (she was in a hayfield with lots of grasshoppers).  She took both hands off the handlebars to swat at the grasshopper.  I can't blame her, grasshoppers are creepy. I know they serve a valuable function in the ecosystem but you've got to admit, they're just plain creepy.  Anyway, she went down, rolled a few times, jumped up, ran back to Charlie and pushed the off button.  She learned not to swat at the grasshoppers after that, but occasionally when we are out riding in the fields, I'll hear her scream and I know that another grasshopper just jumped around her.  It's quite funny. I have no idea where the name Charlie came from or Senior and Junior (the names of the other motorcycles).  Kate just started calling it that.  She will call Bapa to ask how Charlie is doing (Charlie lives at Bapa's). She even writes really creative stories involving Charlie and Bapa's cat, Catty.  They have a love/hate relationship (Charlie and Catty that is).  Charlie has been one of the best things that has happened to Kate.  She really enjoys riding and seems to get a lot of confidence out of it.  Thanks Bapa!

Joe on "Jr"., Kate on "Charlie" and Allen on "Sr."
 

2 comments:

  1. Kate: you have some competition for Charlie. Now Ali loves Charlie too. He is certainly popular. Good job riding!

    ReplyDelete